Who Gets A Cold In May?

I do.

Or at least I think it’s a cold. It doesn’t feel like hayfever – I have a headache, temperature, sore throat, stuffy nose… the whole works. I feel utterly rubbish.

Utterly.

I wish I had someone here to make me Lemsips… Volunteers?

Brian was on the Science Channel in the US the other day- hence why Mark was getting loads of hits. (Neonbubble is the third result in Google for Dr. Brian Cox… heh.)… Brian was innundated with emails including one from this blogger. I think he’s decided to stop telling me about all the ones who ask him if he’s married or send their photos (like Princess Superstar did…) or their physical stats, educational achievements, details of their degrees and, just to be safe, their resumes (and they aren’t looking to get a job). I still don’t get why anyone would contact someone they watched be interviewed on TV to find out if they are marrying material. That’s just weird.

Whatever.

Comments
22 Responses to “Who Gets A Cold In May?”
  1. Suw says:

You know, we should start up the Hot Scientist Wiki, as a ploy to encourage more girls (and boys, depending on the gender of the hot scientists and the proclivities of the scientists-to-be) into the sciences. When I did my geology degree, I was entirely deprived of hot scienctific tottie to lure me forwards in my career.

Who knows, had I been exposed (no pun intended) to some hot geological action – other than old videos of volcanic eruptions – maybe I’d still be a geologist.

Heh. There’s *definitely* something to that. Seriously. When Brian talks at schools afterwards he’s surrounded by teenaged girls talking about how they want to go and study physics at Manchester ;)

3. Suw says:

I see we’re not the only ones to think about scientist tottie: http://sexyscience.blogspot.com/

4. Maisha says:

Well Gia, just look at your hubby! I mean good grief he’s a freak of nature (I mena that in the best possible sense). Good looking, smart and accomplished?? ;)

5. gia says:

I know, Maisha, i know! Still, still, I find it a touch odd that there are women int he world who look to people they’ve seen interviewed for 10 minutes on TV – *interviewed* – and wonder if he’s available to marry… Are things that bad in singledom?!

Well, I’ve just been listening to Princess Superstar’s album on her site thanks to your link and … it’s actually quite good. Nice mix of styles, elements of industrial (which I like) and hip hop (which I like), nice to see a concept album every now and then. Quite surprising because I usually find dancey/DJ stuff horrendous. Of course, it probably helps that she’s very easy on the eyes too. I’ll have to exercise extreme restrain and stop myself from sending her an email asking if she’s married or sending a photo.

P.S. Link to eugenia is wrong,

Fixed the link. Ta.

Oh.. go on… ask her if she’s single and available for marriage… go on. :)

8. Tom says:

Don’t take Lemsip: start popping zinc tablets instead.

9. vinnie says:

sniff watery eyes and runny nose and sneezy weezy mee tooo… doesn’t feel like a cold but it hangs around..

10. Tom says:

Don’t ask me why but there seems to be a lot of respiratory infections going about at the moment. I’ve just got back from 2 months of GP practice and it’s been a non-stop stream of rather unseasonal ailments.

11. The Big Bang says:

Heh, heh, I was just talking to someone last night about good-looking physicists and remarked how that, yes, Brian is a very good-looking guy, but it seems a waste to fantasize about someone who is married. I believe Brian Greene is NOT married–apply to Columbia girls! Greene isn’t a bad-looking guy, and you don’t even need a passport to stalk him.

Last Sunday I saw the program on the Science Channel; well, I had bought the DVD long ago, so it was just going on in the background, but the SC repeats its shows, thus it played several times just on May 20th. I was thinking, oh, here we go, let’s see how many more groupies will emerge from the US now that digital cable is more common. Still a shame that the pictures are missing in Mark’s interview–such as the DARE one with the 80’s hair. Well, that’s one way for Mark to increase hits on his blog. (Nice new look, Mark. Loved the alligator piece.)

Also, I noticed a week or so ago (while I was digging for one of your photos) that Brian’s site has changed–no more cool black background, and it has what I think is the absolute worst picture of him. Sorry! ;-) You’ve taken some wonderful photos of Brian, but he just looks like a total dork there! :-) I thought, hmm, maybe this a ploy to not make him look attractive and turn off the obsessed. All he needs is some glasses like thesein the photo and maybe it will slow down their heart-throbbing. See how much they’re really into physics.

When you consider that women wrote love letters to the Menendez brothers after they murdered their parents, and one woman married one of them in prison, there’s no end to what people will do while lookin’ for love. Personally, I think I’m in love with your cat–he’s way cooler than Brian. I guess that puts me in a different kind of *weird* category. ;-)

12. The Big Bang says:

Oh, shoot, don’t know what happened with the link to the glasses, got all messed up, sorry. I’ll try again:Glasses Brian should wear.

13. Eugenia says:

>Oh.. go on… ask her if she’s single and available for marriage… go on. :)

I am happily married and not available, but thanks for asking.

BTW, I never asked your Brian if he is married or not (I only found out after reading your blog today, after checking out my refferer URLs on my own blog). I *only* asked his age, simply because he looked very young at the documentary, a documentary filled of old people (professors etc). He definetely made an impression simply because he didn’t have the stereotype look that the rest of the presenters had. And that’s a good thing.

Also, it’s not just your hubby that has the good looks, you have too! I think you are making a very beautiful couple!

14. Eugenia says:

Big Bang: indeed, Brian Greene is a cool guy too.

Eugenia- No, I know! That’s why he told me about your email! :) And the ‘go on ask her if she’s married’ thing was about Princess Superstar who got in touch w Brian after seeing him on TV… Really, I do find it odd… I knew him for 18 months before I even went out on a date w him… I *do* find it weird that some women are thinking about *marrying* someone they’ve seen on TV…. It’s disturbing…

The Big Bang- my cat… now I’d understand if someone fell in love with him after just seeing him once! He’s GORGEOUS!!! ;)

17. Eugenia says:

I just visited Princess Superstar’s web site… Iiiiiick… :o)

18. Eugenia says:

Btw, the above is “ick”, not “lick”. Just in case some browsers use fonts that don’t make the distinction between I and l.

19. Rockchild says:

Gia, I hope you’re feeling better, but if not, try hot sauce with Sprite!

You don’t have to worry about those girls, because 1st you’re very beautiful, and 2nd you look like you can kick butts since you look like a member of Star Trek in the picture on your sidepanel. I bet you know how to do the Vulkan hand pinch!

I can *totally* kick butts, Rockchild (nice to see you btw!!)… ‘look like a member of Star Trek’ heh.

21. john board says:

HI,

I happened on your blog and noticed this articcle about colds. I have a kit called the Hollywood Surival Kit which I put together on Hollywood sets where I work as an assistant director. I have several things in the kit that can help at flu and cold time and you might have a look. Remedy #2, #8 and throat spray #11 and #12 are all valid.
    I hope whether or not you look at the kit you will consider Homeopathy and herbal remedies for simple things like colds. I know from my experience just using what I have in my kit I can stay away from both colds and flus. Mind you I act at the first sign of a cold and do not wait to let it develop.
    Best regards

John Board

Ergo Health Products Inc.