Slave To Photography

These past few days I’ve started taking some photos which have particularly excited me… with my mobile phone camera. Yep.

I’ve found out how to take… wait for it…. infrared photos with my Sony Ericsson mobile phone. It’s seriously cool. They do need a bit of Photoshop tarting (adjusting levels and contrast etc) as a mobile phone camera is really very point and shoot, but you have to admit the results are pretty amazing.

Normal photo:

Infrared photo untouched:

After adjusting the levels, colour channels and contrast:

More IR pics from Clapham Common:

Scary, evil, haunted-eyed child (ie my son in IR):

I’ll explain how to do it another day…

Comments
9 Responses to “Slave To Photography”
  1. Mr Biffo says:

Whaaaa….?!? Why, in the first few photos, does the streetlight vanish when you switch to infra-red?

2. Jas says:

I did this by using bits of exposed negative as filters. Here’s a quick one I did tonight- it’s surprisingly hard to find infra red light in an energy-efficient household. Energy-saving lamps don’t generate much invisible light.

The Evil Eye Effect!

3. hondje van Dirkie says:

Wonderful, really wonderful. Can’t wait to find out how you did this.

4. Michal says:

that’s very cool! What a difference photoshop can make to pitures

5. Adam Bowie says:

Very nice! A lovely effect.

6. H says:

Ditto, Mr. Biffo.

Nice photos, though. Very Doctor Who.

7. Jon says:

Mr Biffo, It’s a quantum effect. Since street lights emit light in the visible part of the spectrum, to light up paths etc, they are consequentially invisible in all other part of the spectrum. Also, as a consequence of an over literal reading of the
    many world interpretation by some quantum objects, it has been known for the same street light to exist in more than one universe at the same time. An example of this being the lamppost that can be found in Narnia.
    I think this is the kind of thing that Brian looks for in CERN.

8. zeno says:

You are such an irredeemable geek. I can light my own farts, how would that look in infra red?

Awwwwww, Zeno. I just saw your comment… you’re so lovely. Oh and probably very white.